Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life As I Know It.

I have been living in Karratha for almost three weeks and have now got a job and an awesome life. Not that life before Karratha wasn't great but Karratha brings so many new experiences and I am loving all of them.


When I first arrived in Karratha (after a visit in Perth) I had pretty relaxing days of playing with Michael, watching Seventh Heaven and just chilling out. But I knew that the relaxing life while enjoyable was not the reason I was here. So I started work on the 25th of February. The centre I am working at is quite large and is nice inside and out. It has a built in playground in all three areas. Its a run a little bit different to what I am used to but I am adjusting. The kids are also different, while they are good kids they aren't the same as children back home.

The highlights of these past three weeks have been...

One night we went for a drive to Bryan's work, where he pointed out the different areas and explained what each section did. Then we went to Dampier and had a BBQ on the beach and stayed until the sun went down.

Amy and I attended a Relief Society pool party. It was awesome!! I really enjoyed it. We had a bomb contest...well Amy, Tissa and I had one. =)
My big splash!!!
Awesome cat (Purr) asleep on the fridge!

The best highlight was going out on the boat with Bryan, Amy Michael and David. It was one of the best days in my life!!! We set off from the boat ramps at Dampier and headed out to some shallow water in the middle of the Ocean.. OK so we could see land, but it was a fair distance away! We were stopped for a short time when I started to feel pretty sick. The feeling went away when I got in the water for a swim.

Swimming in the middle of the Ocean!

The sickness returned when I got in the boat but was forgotten as we sped off and I had a chance to drive >=)

It was sunny and windy (hence the closed eyes)

I was driving when David put in a new route to home. I was speeding along when suddenly the water got pretty shallow. Next thing you know Bryan and I are on the front of the boat watching for rocks. It was awesome!!!! We saw so many sea creatures!!! Turtles, Manta rays, and fish were all swimming right near the boat. My favourite were the turtles, they were so beautiful the way they flew through the water.

The shallow water. =)

When we reached the other side of the shallow water we found a nice calm area, where we decided to fish for a while. I caught quite a few fish in this spot. Most of the fish I caught were used for bait. We saw some dolphins while anchored here.

The first of my many catches of the day!

Spanish Flag

After fishing in the same area for a good while we headed off. After a while of driving we saw some birds diving. So we drove over where we found a million little fish. Underneath we could see some bigger fish and then BAM! Sharks!!!! David asked if we would like to have a go at catching a shark and I jumped at the chance! I had my bait in the water where we could still see it. After a short while in the water we could see a shark circling the bait and then it took it. The pull on the rod was pretty strong. Unfortunately the shark went under the boat and the line broke. It was enough to get me hooked on the idea of catching a shark! But we didn't catch any. Even with my trustie side kick "Shark Bait" we had no success. So after some traumatic experiences for shark bait we headed home.

I think he saw a shark O_O

The ride was going to be pretty rough so I wanted to take the oppurtunity to ride on front until it was to bumpy. Turned out that it was ok and I rode all the way home on the fromt of the boat getting hammerd by the bumps. My bottom has the bruises to show.

We went back to David's house to clean the boat and then went home for dinner and an early night.

Mikey and Me on the boat

Me with the tanker.

Bryan with MikeyAmy Driving the boatMikey holding his whistle.

So that is pretty much it for me.

This is Sarah Pilkington saying don't eat your hat.

This is where I sat on the way home at full speed =D





1 comment:

  1. looks like a great life for a beautiul young lady to me.
    the world is yours to dream
    love dad

    ReplyDelete