Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lump-Butt of Rivington.. THATS ME!

On Thursday last week (27-8-09) mum wanted me to carry some boxes down the stairs.. "Put some shoes on Sarah"..
I was on the last box when as I came to the top of the stairs Missy decided that she should run down the stairs under my feet. I composed myself from the almost trip.. or so I thought. As this was happening Tamera is so wisely behind me saying "You are going to trip on the Cat".. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! The sound of me bouncing down the stairs on my butt, still holding onto the box until the falling stopped and I finally decided get rid of the box.
Did you have a good laugh at the top of the stairs Tamera and Mum?? I wasn't overally concerned with the laughing I was to busy crying in pain.

I hobbled over to the couch and lay down on it, still crying, Mum and Tamera came down stairs and the blame game began. I blamed Tamera for jinxing me, Mum blamed me for not putting on Shoes, I then blamed Mum for making me help her.. In the end blame falls on Dad for wanting the work done.

The pain had not stopped and I was still crying so Tamera decided to try and make me feel better by making me laugh.. Breathing hurt, crying hurt and laughing hurt even more. My made me go to my bed where I lay, still crying. I got some ice on my butt then decided this pain is intense I need a blessing. Mum rang Damien (Dad was away). Damien can't come to me? I will go to Damien! I got in the car, awkwardly and painfully. You don't realise how bad the roads are until you have a sore back and butt.

I got to the office, had a blessing, got back in the car, went to the hospital.

I stood in the waiting room for about 20minutes when some kind nurse, sent from heaven, got me a bed. I lay on my side which was alright until it was painful from laying still so long. I got to the hospital at around 4:40pm and was given some morphine at 5:20ish after previously taking other drugs that had little to no effect on the pain. I was in the emergency waiting room untill 10ish when I finally got taken through. I finally saw a doctor at 11:30pm. She did a little bit of testing and then I had to wait to have x-rays. At 2:30am I had my x-rays. Everything seemed fine but they wanted to keep me in and for me to get a CT scan in the morning. The doctor did some more tests.. In mums words "This will help prepare you for child birth" NOT VERY COMFORTING MUM!! At 3:30am Mum went home and I tried to get to sleep.. No one told me that the nurses keep waking you up to check you blood pressure and everything!!! So after little sleep I woke up for good.
The doctor told me that I was booked into have my CT scan at 9:00am. I was told to stay as still as possible and not to get up. Very funny Doctor!!! I didn't have the CT scan untill 3:30pm! The pain killers don't help pain from not moving! Mum had come in at 9:30am and Ruth came in to visit me too. After a long day of no eating, laying very still, tests, pain killers and no sleep, I was finally told that I was allowed to get up. Hello physio! I sat up, did some walking, we were talking about treatments lalala... "Excuse me! I feel like I am going to be sick!" Suddenly the impact of laying down for 24hours, pain killers, lady pains and no sleep hit me.. I started to sweat, I felt extremly hot, I went very pale and felt spacey and like I was going to be sick. Not very nice. I thought it was because I needed some sugar in my system, so Mum got me a drink and I made my way, after the all clear, to the car. We got half way home when I threw up. Sorry to the people in the cars next to us, at least I had one of the hospitals vomit bags. I got home and went to bed. I slept til 7:30pm had some dinner and went back to bed.


My kept me company.. Thanks mummy!!

Hospitals are only worth the trip for the arm bands!
YAY DRUGS!!!


Cubicle 19.. I hope we never meet again..
I thought I would add some pictures of my swolleness..
Not really noticable on the photos but in real life the lump can be sen from space!
Almost a week after the fall and I have this HUGE painful lump!


Well that was my eventful TRIP!! I have learnt a few things from this.. One: Listen to Mum when she says put shoes on... Two: Don't go down the stairs unless the cat is already at the bottom.. Three: Doctors on night shift say funny things "Are you allergic to pain?".. Four: Always keep conversations in the hospital room to yourself by speaking quietly "All this crap just kept coming out, I have never seen so much crap before" - Thanks Mr.


Here is why I am not that mad at my cat..

COPY THIS

SHE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!

This is Sarah Pilkington saying.. Don't fall down the stairs!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!! I have always thought if anyone falls down those stairs it would really hurt, they are so steep!!

    Hope you are feeling a bit better now!!

    ReplyDelete